OK, so I know we are into June now but since writing about the best 15 Kentish activities of 2015, I have been think about what I want to accomplish this year.
- Chatham Historic Dockyard
- Go to a farmers market, because elderly relatives keep telling me this is the Garden of England
- Ride on the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway
- Listen to Thursday night jazz at the Tunbridge Wells Pantiles
- Take the Shepherd Neame brewery tour in Faversham
- Go inside Leeds Castle
- Diggerland. I know, I’m 26. But I did once interview someone for a job because they had worked there and I loved the idea of it!
- Hever Castle. It’s pretty, and the childhood home of Anne Boleyn, I’m told.
- The hilltop lookout point over the River Medway, the A2 and railway bridges. I used to look at it every day while driving to Ashford and I’ve never been to the top.
- A night out in West Malling. (I’ve had dinner at The Swan, but I hear West Malling is good for a posh pub crawl)
- Cyclopark. I now own a bike!
- Walk on the Pilgrims Way (I’ve done parts of this but would like to do more)
- Visit the Maunsell Forts off the coast of Whitstable
- PYO fruit in the summer
- Take a look inside the stunning Gravesend Guru Nanak Gurdwara
- Complete the Tunbridge Wells circular walk. I started, but had a temper tantrum halfway around!
It seems like I have a lot to do. I’d better get cracking!